We have opened up registration for Saturday only guests at our Be the Movement! Conference, which is when the bulk of our great speakers will be presenting. Sign-up today to join us on Saturday!
While the regular rate for a day fee is $100, we have a a few donors that contributed towards the conference and we can now offer a special $25 scholarship rate for the day. This will also cover lunch.
We hope that folks will still consider joining us for our whole conference, but Saturday will have the bulk of our topical speakers. The discussion forums that will fill much of the day will generate really remarkable and inspiring conversations about how we can create peace in our nation and world. We hope you will join us!
Fostering International Peace Discussion Forum and Q&A:
- Phil Donahue (Moderator): 9 time emmy-award winning host of the Phil Donahue Show.
- Ambassador Anwarul Chowdhury: Permanent Representative to United Nations, President of the UN Security Council, President of UNICEF Board, UN Under-Secretary-General, the Senior Special Advisor to the UN General Assembly President.
- Diane Randall: Executive Secretary of the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
- Lena Slachmuijlder: Executive Team and Vice President of Programs at Search for Common Ground.
Empowering Community Peacebuilding & Teaching Peace in Schools Discussion Forum and Q&A:
- Congressman Bobby Scott: Recipient of our 2015 Congressional Peacebuilder Award. He is the author of the Youth PROMISE Act.
- Michael Skolnik (Moderator): Businessman and a 21st century Civil Rights organizer — President of GlobalGrind.com
- Whitney Richards-Calathes: Works with the Youth Justice Coalition in South Central Los Angeles.
- Heart Phoenix: Chair of the Peace Alliance Educational Institute and the President of the Board of Directors of the River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding.
- Jeffrey Weisberg: Executive Director of the River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding.
Humanizing Justice Systems Discussion Forum and Q&A:
- Marie Williams: Executive Director at the Coalition for Juvenile Justice.
- Other TBA
The evening will be lobby training with Sam Daley-Harris, you can choose to join that or wrap up after our afternoon of inspiring speakers.
You can read our full conference agenda here.
Hope to see you then,
President, Peace Alliance