These organizations have endorsed
a US Department of Peacebuilding!
Join them by adding your organization’s name today!
A Community for Peace (Citrus Heights, CA) All In San Diego Advocacy Group American Ethical Union American Muslim Voice American Psychiatric Nurses Association American Voices Abroad Amnesty International A North Georgia Community Mediation Center Angelspeakers, Inc. Anger Management Solutions Another Mother for Peace Arcana Workshops Asociacion Civil Casa de la Pax Cultura (Argentina) Association for Global New Thought Bay Area Friends of Tibet (San Francisco, CA) Begun Center for Violence Prevention and Education Benedictine Sisters Mother of God Monastery Berkeley Ecumenical Chaplaincy for the Homeless Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists (CA) Best Kept Secret Stop the Violence (VA) BIKEALOT Black Lives Matter (Memphis, TN) Brahma Kumaris Buddhist Peace Fellowship Building Bridges for Peace California Democratic Party Campaign for a Department of Peacebuilding Campaign Nonviolence NC Canadian Peace Initiative Caodai Overseas Center for Global Nonkilling (HI) Center for Global Nonkilling (India) Center for Nonviolent Communication Change For Peace Children and Young People Living for Peace (Nigeria) Citizens for Global Solutions (MN Chapter) Citizens for Global Solutions (Twin Cities) Code Pink Communities of Peace Communities of Peace Foundation Compassionate ARTS in Action Compassionate California Conscious Talk Radio Create Peace Project CrossLeft Democratic Club of Kern River Valley E Epiphany Environmentalists Against War Faith Lutheran Church (Chico, CA) Fellowship of Reconciliation Florida Peace and Justice Alliance Foundation for Conscious Evolution FusionStorm GEI Global Leaders Global AIDS Alliance Global Alliance for Ministries & Infrastructures of Peace (GAMIP) Global Exchange Global Family Global Peace Partners Global Youth Action Network Friends Meeting (Quakers, San Francisco) Heart Centered Wellness Hip Hop Caucus Hip Hop 4 Peace Humanity In Unity Imagine Peace Inheritance Home Care LLC InnerG Cooperative Insight Meditation Community of Berkeley Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy Institute of Noetic Sciences (Los Angeles) Iranian-American Muslim Association of North America Irthlingz Arts-Based Environmental Education Joint Assistance Center Inc. Kids for Peace, South East San Diego, CA Kimmel and Company Consulting La Plata Youth Services (Durango, CO) Long Beach (CA)/Sochi (Russia) Sister City Association Lutheran Peace Fellowship Make Art with Purpose Maryland United for Peace and Justice Patrick McCollum Foundation for Peace Meditation Groups, Inc. (Meditation Mount) Meiklejohn Civil Liberties Institute (Berkeley, CA) Middle East Peace Congress Mt. Diablo (CA) Peace & Justice Center Musicians and Fine Artists for World Peace NAACP- Wicomico County (MD) Branch #7028 National Association of School Psychologists National Peace Academy National Women’s Studies Association New Jersey State Democratic Committee Progressive Caucus New Mexico Department of Peace Initiative N.O.W.- National Organization for Women Omni Center for Peace, Justice & Ecology (AK) One Common Unity Orange County (CA) Peace Coalition Order of International Co-Freemasonry, Le Droit Humain Pace e Bene Pathways to Peace Pax Christi Metro New York Pax Christi USA Peace Action Peace & Justice Center of Nevada County (CA) Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County (CA) Peace and Justice Studies Association Peace is Every Step Peace Journey Peace Now Peace On Earth Mission International Peace Poles for Schools Peace Through Unity Charitable Trust Peacebuilding Spirit, Inc. People’s Environmental Network Physicians for Social Responsibility Planet Blessed Posts for Peace and Justice Progressive Democrats of America Progressive Democrats of the East Bay (CA) Rainbow Solutions, Inc. Restorative Solutions Rasur Foundation International River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding Sagehorse Umbrella Non-Profit Saint Paulus Lutheran Church (San Francisco, CA) Saint Stephen’s Lutheran Church (El Dorado Hills, CA) Salute Integrity San Diegans for Gun Violence Prevention School Mediation Center September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows Service Employees International Union Local 1021 Share International Sierra Interfaith Action for Peace (Reno, NV) Sierra Pacific Synod, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Singing Tree Project Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Social Justice Center of Marin County, CA Social Welfare Action Alliance SocioEnergetics Foundation South Florida People of Color Southeastern North Carolina Grandmothers for Peace Spiritual and Religious Alliance for Hope Spokane Veterans for Peace Step It Up Stop the Violence Akron (OH) Movement Tariq Khamisa Foundation Themis Law The Attitudinal Healing Connection of Oakland (CA) The Bridge Thinktank The Dutchess Peace Coalition The Echo Chamber The Institute for Progressive Christianity The International Center for Attitudinal Healing The Junkyard Dance Crew The Louis D. Brown Peace Institute The Metta Center for Nonviolence (Petaluma, CA) The Million Youth Peace March International The National Service Conference of the American Ethical Union The Network of Spiritual Progressives The Peace & Justice Center (VT) The Peace Alliance The Peace Company The Peace Pentagon The Shift Network The United Methodist Church- General Board of Church and Society The World Peace Prayer Society Tikkun TRANSCEND USA Steering Committee Traprock Peace Center USA Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations United African American Ministerial Action Council (San Diego, CA) United Nations Association (Orange County, CA) United Religions Initiative Unity Center, San Diego (CA) Unity of San Luis Obispo (CA) Veterans For Peace Veterans For Peace, Spokane Chapter #35 Veterans For Peace, Chapter 067 (Long Beach, CA) Veterans For Peace, Chapter 71 (Sonoma, CA) Violence Prevention Coalition of Greater Los Angeles (CA) Watchman Relief Association Global (Cameroon) Whole Children, Whole Planet Wholistic Peace Institute WorldWide Peace Organization Work Collaboratively Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom World Beyond War World Centers of Compassion for Children International World Wall for Peace Yakini Consultants (NC) YES! - Youth for Environmental Sanity Young Black & N’ Business
2022 Monthly DoP Actions
First you can…
Then you can…
Next you can…
Next you can…
Finally you can…
Schedule a virtual meeting with your member of congress. Email [email protected] to learn more.
These individuals have endorsed
a US Department of Peacebuilding!
Join them by adding your name to this prestigious list today!
Paula Abdul Sharon Abreu Patty A. Allen Fernando Andrade Wakita Anthony James Baraz Rev./Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith Charles Betterton Laura Brown Hong Dang (Rose) Bui Jose Caballero DJ Chandler AJ Cho Deepak Chopra Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury, Former Under-Secretary General of the U.N. Cierra Cloud Myrtle Cole, San Diego City Council President, Fourth Council District Anne Creter Walter Cronkite His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama Tyne Daly Eve Decker Charlie Dennis Laura Dern Stephen Dinan Linda Faste Rowena F. Finn Frances Fisher Flea (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers) Cameron Gharabiklou Cynthia Gilliam Todd Gloria, Mayor of San Diego, CA Kathleen Harmon Chad Hayes Hollis Higgins Daniel Horton, So-Poli-Cal Dolores Huerta Lan Jefferson, All In San Diego Advocacy Group Karen Johnson Aster Keleta Azim Khamisa Kathy Kidd Joel Kimmel Judy Kimmel Robert C. Koehler Margaret Koren Jack Kornfield Brandon Kozak Former Rep. Dennis Kucinich Elisabeth Kucinich Jim Loveland Krystal Lucado Jill Manigal, Co-Founder Kids for Peace Im Manu Dot Maver Joyce McBryde Lisa Earle McCloud Timothy McClurer Ambassador John McDonald Bishop George D. McKinney, Jurisdiction Prelate of the Church of God in Christ, Inc. Nancy Merritt Teri Miller Kendra Mon Alan Mytty Michael Nagler Willie Nelson Kelly O’Brien Yoko Ono Joaquin Phoenix Debra Poss Gustavo Ramirez Tim Raupp Terry Riddick Josh Roebuck Laurie Russo Pat Simon Sue Simone Amy Smart Norman Solomon Jerilyn Stapleton Sharon Stone Rivera Sun David Swanson, Author, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee 2015 Diane Tate Stephanie Thomas Archbishop Desmond Tutu Steven Tyler Christopher Walker Janna Weiss Roosevelt Williams, III Marianne Williamson James Wimberly Howard Zinn
Thank you to Peace Alliance Department of Peacebuilding committee members Laura Brown and DJ Chandler for writing this beautiful article for Kosmos Journal about blessed community with a cause. Read Here
Ongoing Yearly Initiatives:
Advocacy Days; event flyer with resource links here; recording of 8/20 Training Call here; amplify our voices with phone calls to MOCs – flyer here
Holidays 4 Peace
- Sustained goodwill creates friendship.
- Sustained friendship creates trust.
- Sustained trust creates empathy.
- Sustained empathy creates compassion.
- Sustained compassion creates peace.
What you can do TODAY:
- Help us add co-sponsors to the Department of Peacebuilding legislation by taking this ONE-CLICK action.
- Join our monthly Department of Peacebuilding Campaign calls on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. CLICK HERE to join the zoom call at the assigned time or call-in information is 1-929-436-2866 or 1-669-900-6833, meeting ID 464 735 321.
- Email [email protected] for more info and to receive monthly email updates and reminders the week before each call or for general inquiries about the campaign — better yet, let her know you’re ready to get to work for more peacebuilding and one of us will speak with you more.
- Participate in our initiatives and actions, including: 1) Season for Nonviolence; 2) Mother’s Day “Peace-Wants-A-Piece-of-the-Federal-Budget-Pie” meetings with members of Congress; 3) Annual Department of Peacebuilding Advocacy Days in Washington, DC; 4) Follow-up to Advocacy Days; and 5) Holidays 4 Peace.
- Help us gain additional organization and prominent individual endorsements of the Department of Peacebuilding legislation. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- Help us add to our list of city, county and tribal entity endorsers of the Department of Peacebuilding and connect on other city-related peacebuilding efforts. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Take Action! Tell Congress to get behind H.R. 1111, legislation to establish a U.S. Dept. of Peacebuilding. If you call, email or otherwise contact your representative in support of a U.S. Department of Peacebuilding, please record your action!
Donate to the Department of Peacebuilding Campaign efforts here.
Thank you to all who participated in Connecting with Congress. We have additional co-sponsors as a direct result of
an Advocacy Days Zoom meeting.
- Dept. of Peacebuilding Overview
- 2021 Advocacy Days Legislation List
- Key Highlights
- DoP: Part of America’s DNA
- What To Say To Congress – Why Support DOP?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Read the Full Dept. of Peacebuilding Bill
- Link to Current Co-Sponsors of H.R. 1111
- Talking Points
- Phone List of Republican Senators for the 117th Congress
- City Council Endorsements
- Organization and Key Endorsements
- Endorsement Form- if you or your org wants to endorse
- Printable Postcards for Congress
- Why a Dept. of Peacebuilding Matters Case Statement
- Is Peace a Human Right?
- Send this Pie to Congress 2022
- Peace Alliance Podcast
- Watch the Peacebuilder Series
The Peace Alliance has championed efforts to support the adoption of legislation to establish a cabinet-level US Department of Peacebuilding in our federal government.
Department of Peacebuilding Act of 2021 was INTRODUCED by Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13) on February 18, 2021!
Systemic racism is a significant driver of violence and a key obstacle to peace in the United States.
– Department of Peacebuilding Act of 2021
This historic and transformative legislation calls for a cabinet-level Department of Peacebuilding to make peace a much-needed national and ongoing focus. It addresses the interconnection of all life and the intersectionality of peace, justice, equality, planetary survival and other aspects of life.
DoP 2021 is about creating a nonviolent and Beloved Community.
To learn more about this legislation, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Other One-Step Legislative Action Opportunities
Gun Violence Reduction/Prevention Bills:
- S. 591, S. 529, H.R. 5427- Background Checks and bumpstock ban bills
- H.R. 2510, S. 1108- Keep Americans Safe Act
- H.R. 1808, S. 736- Assault Weapons Ban
Other one-click actions:
- S. 1975- Women’s Health Protection Act of 2021
- S. Res. 166, H. Res. 332, and H.R. 1111- We need a Green New Deal and DOP
- H.R. 5444- Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policies Act
- S 2747 and S4- Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Act
- HR 1280 – George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2021
- HR 40/S 40 – Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act
- HR 350 – Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2021
- HR 55 – Emmitt Till Anti-Lynching Act of 2021- PASSED!
- H Con Res. 19/S Con Res. 6 – Establishment of a Commission on Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation
- HR 6261 – African American History Act
- H. Res. 877- Foreign Policy for the 21st Century!
- S. 3623- Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act- PASSED!
Other Two-Step Legislative Action Opportunities
Take a two-step action to call and write your member of Congress.
Call the DC office of your Congressperson, ask for the email address of the Legislative Director.
- Find your Representative
- Call that Representative- Congressional Switchboard: 202-224-3121
There is a bill before the U.S. House of Representatives to establish a Department of Peacebuilding. This historic measure will augment our current problem-solving options, providing practical, nonviolent solutions to the problems of domestic and international conflict. The legislation will pass from bill to law under one condition: that a wave of citizen interest rises up from the American people and makes itself heard in the halls of Congress. During the 20th century, over 100 million people lost their lives to war, most of whom were non-combatants. Now, in the 21st century, the extent and current speed of nuclear proliferation makes the achievement of nonviolent alternatives to war the most urgent need of the human race.
Watch Dot Maver’s speech to congress for a Department of Peacebuilding and
Support for the Department of Peacebuilding Bill H.R. 1111 below
“It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work for it.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt.
Archived Event Links
The United Nations Declaration and Programme of Action on a Culture of Peace, offered in Segment #3, is here.
Donate by Check
Some of our generous supporters prefer to mail checks to our office to donate to the work of The Peace Alliance. We are so grateful for all of your support.
If you prefer your donation be tax deductible and you want your donation to focus on the educational side of this work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance Educational Institute– the 501(c)(3) arm of The Peace Alliance. We will send you a letter for your taxes.
If you prefer your donation to be unrestricted in how it is applied, be it to educational programs, operational costs, or advocacy work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance- the 501(c)(4) arm of the organization with access to legislative advocacy. These donations are not tax deductible. Thank you!
2108 Military Rd
Arlington, VA, 22207