Community Civic Engagement
The Peace Alliance is eager to support communities that want to advocate for legislation at the local, state, and federal level that will make an impact.
You’ve sent 2700+ messages to elected officials, through The Peace Alliance’s advocacy tool. These actions allow for constituents to email and tweet their elected officials about causes that will benefit and directly impact their community.
If the title is linked, it is still an active action that can be taken by anyone who’s address identifies them as a constituent. Feel free to click it if you live in the area it impacts.
- Adding Restorative Justice Practices to the Criminal Justice System in FL – State House and Senate
- Adding Restorative Justice Practice Language in FL – appeal for legislation
- Grieving Families Act in NY – appeal to Governor
- No One is Above the Law in NY – appeal to Department of Justice members in NY and at the federal level
- Eric Garner Excessive Force Prevention Act – Federal Senate
- Suing Gun Manufacturers in CA – appeal to state House
- Gun Violence Prevention bills in CA – appeal to state Senate
If you have local, state, or federal legislation that you need a petition or email/tweet action to amplify, contact us at [email protected] and we would welcome the opportunity to explore supporting the community with this advocacy tool.