Community Civic Engagement
The Peace Alliance is eager to support communities that want to advocate for legislation at the local, state, and federal level that will make an impact.
You’ve sent 2700+ messages to elected officials, through The Peace Alliance’s advocacy tool. These actions allow for constituents to email and tweet their elected officials about causes that will benefit and directly impact their community.
If the title is linked, it is still an active action that can be taken by anyone who’s address identifies them as a constituent.
- Gun Violence Prevention bills in CA – appeal to state Senate
- Suing Gun Manufacturers in CA – appeal to state House
- Eric Garner Excessive Force Prevention Act – Federal Senate
- No One is Above the Law in NY – appeal to Department of Justice members in NY and at the federal level
- Grieving Families Act in NY – appeal to Governor
- Adding Restorative Justice Practice Language in FL – appeal for legislation
- Adding Restorative Justice Practices to the Criminal Justice System in FL – State House and Senate
If you have local, state, or federal legislation that you need a petition or email/tweet action to amplify, contact us at [email protected] and we would welcome the opportunity to explore supporting the community with this advocacy tool.
Donate by Check
Some of our generous supporters prefer to mail checks to our office to donate to the work of The Peace Alliance. We are so grateful for all of your support.
If you prefer your donation be tax deductible and you want your donation to focus on the educational side of this work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance Educational Institute– the 501(c)(3) arm of The Peace Alliance. We will send you a letter for your taxes.
If you prefer your donation to be unrestricted in how it is applied, be it to educational programs, operational costs, or advocacy work and do not need it to be tax deductible, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance. Thank you!
PO Box 320651
Fairfield, CT 06825