On Saturday, Oct. 17th, join us for what is sure to be an inspiring and educational day featuring many great speakers and panels focused on building peace in our nation and world – including Phil Donahue, Amb. Anwarul Chowdhury and many others. The live stream will begin at 9:30 am ET and end at approx. 5:20 pm ET (with breaks).
Let us know if you think you’ll be watching so we can make sure we have necessary bandwidth and can keep in touch with you with any announcements or if tech challenges.
We will be streaming through You Tube. With streaming technology, there is always a risk of tech challenges, but we will do our best to get it out to you all! When the time comes, you can watch the video here.
Tweet us your questions live! Use hashtag #peaceconference during our program and we’ll pull questions from our live stream audience.
Welcome from our President Bob Baskin, along with sharing form key staff and board 9:30 – 1:10 ET
Humanizing Justice Systems Discussion Forum and Q&A 10:10 – 11:20 ET
- Marie Williams: Executive Director at the Coalition for Juvenile Justice.
- Other TBA
Empowering Community Peacebuilding & Teaching Peace in Schools Discussion Forum and Q&A 1:00 – 3:00
- Congressman Bobby Scott: Recipient of our 2015 Congressional Peacebuilder Award. He is the author of the Youth PROMISE Act.
- Michael Skolnik (Moderator): Businessman and a 21st century Civil Rights organizer — President of GlobalGrind.com
- Whitney Richards-Calathes: Works with the Youth Justice Coalition in South Central Los Angeles.
- Heart Phoenix: Chair of the Peace Alliance Educational Institute and the President of the Board of Directors of the River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding.
- Jeffrey Weisberg: Executive Director of the River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding.
Fostering International Peace Discussion Forum and Q&A 3:20 – 5:15
- Phil Donahue (Moderator): 9 time emmy-award winning host of the Phil Donahue Show.
- Ambassador Anwarul Chowdhury: Permanent Representative to United Nations, President of the UN Security Council, President of UNICEF Board, UN Under-Secretary-General, the Senior Special Advisor to the UN General Assembly President.
- Diane Randall: Executive Secretary of the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
- Lena Slachmuijlder: Executive Team and Vice President of Programs at Search for Common Ground.
Hope to see you then,
President, Peace Alliance