The Peace Alliance empowers civic action toward a Culture of Peace.
We are an alliance of organizers and advocates taking the work of peacebuilding from the margins of society into the center of national discourse and policy priorities.
We champion a comprehensive, collaborative approach to peace and peacebuilding.
Our tools include:
- Peacebuilding Education
- Legislative Advocacy
- Collaboration with citizens and organizations for a greater voice for peace
One of the unique things that the Peace Alliance does is to “be the peace” we wish to cultivate. We aim to shift human understanding toward empathy, compassion and connection, thus fostering interdependence among citizens and dialogue toward common ground and peaceful solutions to conflict. This is the only approach that will work.
Our Peace Alliance Council Leads establish what they feel are the clear and direct actions, through education, advocacy and collaboration, to expand and reinforce this shift to compassionate understanding and an expanded culture of peace.
By clustering our efforts into five dedicated cornerstones we educate and amplify a broader voice for the peacebuilding movement
- Cultivating Personal Peace
- Empowering Community Peacebuilding
- Teaching Peace in Schools
- Humanizing Justice Systems
- Fostering International Peace
Under the efforts of the Peace Alliance Educational Institute, the 501(c)(3) arm of the Peace Alliance, we research, educate, train, and advocate in support of domestic and international peacebuilding strategies. Peacebuilding addresses issues of violence, crime and war by identifying their underlying causes and implementing nonviolent solutions that build an infrastructure for sustainable peace. Our primary activities are:
- Public Education:We engage the general public through educational programs that share research and personal stories about the transformational power of peacebuilding. We host educational events that range from speaking tours and conferences to strategic forums and press conferences.Our communications teams work with conventional and new media to generate pieces that highlight peacebuilding efforts.
- Personal Peace Practice: We train and educate grassroots organizers and the greater public with skills to engage in personal peace practices. We work with other partner organizations to train on how to be the peace we would like to see in the world. This makes our message more palatable to those that disagree with us and increases our capacity to engage in dialogue about collaborative solutions.
Donate by Check
Some of our generous supporters prefer to mail checks to our office to donate to the work of The Peace Alliance. We are so grateful for all of your support.
If you prefer your donation be tax deductible and you want your donation to focus on the educational side of this work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance Educational Institute– the 501(c)(3) arm of The Peace Alliance. We will send you a letter for your taxes.
If you prefer your donation to be unrestricted in how it is applied, be it to educational programs, operational costs, or advocacy work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance. Thank you!
2108 Military Rd
Arlington, VA, 22207