Our Peacebuilding Wins Since 2020!
- 150,000+ Blueprint for Peace messages sent to elected officials
- 6,000+ Condemn Election Violence messages sent to elected officials
- 2,000+ messages sent to support the of Department of Peacebuilding legislation
- 3000+ messages sent to elected officials including the US House, Senate, and the President and Vice-President on legislation such as the Freedom to Vote Act, John Lewis Voting Rights Act, Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Commission, and support for the safe evacuation of citizens of Afghanistan and the establishment of the January 6th Commission
- 180+ Peace On podcasts published with 24,000+ downloads
- 60+ Hope Story Circles, 12 National Monthly Action zooms and 12 Monthly Department of Peacebuilding calls
On a policy level, we have helped spearhead efforts through our organization and close allies to pass numerous pieces of federal legislation (and some state), including:
- Helped secure over $110,000,000 in funding for International Peacebuilding priorities;
- Led successful national effort to secure U.S. Institute of Peace funding when Congress threatened to eliminate it completely during budget battles;
- Passed meaningful provisions of the Youth PROMISE Act (one of their top legislative priorities) as part of the final version of the Every Student Succeeds Act, S. 1177, which passed into law, and the Juvenile Justice Delinquency and Prevention Act in the House of Representatives;
- Supported the path for President Obama to sign an Executive Order to institutionalize the U.S. State Department’s Atrocities Prevention Board;
- Helped garner over 70 co-sponsors in the House of Representatives for legislation to establish a U.S. Department of Peacebuilding, including the introduction and support in the Senate.
- Helped educate and advocate for the inclusion of “Peacebuilding” efforts as part of the Democrats 10 key foreign policy priorities;
- Passage of the first in the nation Colorado Restorative Justice in Schools bill to implement and fund programs state-wide;
- Helped educate and advocate for the inclusion of meaningful “Peacebuilding” efforts as part of the Democrats 10 key foreign policy priorities in 2009;
- California Democratic Party adopted key Peacebuilding priorities into its party platform.
Donate by Check
Some of our generous supporters prefer to mail checks to our office to donate to the work of The Peace Alliance. We are so grateful for all of your support.
If you prefer your donation be tax deductible and you want your donation to focus on the educational side of this work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance Educational Institute– the 501(c)(3) arm of The Peace Alliance. We will send you a letter for your taxes.
If you prefer your donation to be unrestricted in how it is applied, be it to educational programs, operational costs, or advocacy work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance- the 501(c)(4) arm of the organization with access to legislative advocacy. These donations are not tax deductible. Thank you!
2108 Military Rd.
Arlington, VA 22207