An event hosted by The Peace Alliance in partnership with Front Range Community College, Beverly Title, Ph.d of Resolutionaries, Inc. and sitting member of the State RJ Council, and Representative Pete Lee. Celebrating our Youth and local and national efforts responding to key issues affecting them and a chance to get informed, get inspired, and get involved! Keynotes and Presentations/Interactives with Rep. Lee, Peace Alliance President Bob Baskin, Beverly Title and others!
SATURDAY, NOV. 2nd 1pm-5:30pm
at Front Range Community College, 2190 Miller Dr, Longmont, CO (Map to Campus)
FREE EVENT (With Fundraising Ask at close)
Doors Open: 12:30pm
Event Starts: 1pm
Event Closes: 5:30pm
Light hors d’eouvres and beverages will be served.
Description: An event hosted by The Peace Alliance in partnership with Front Range Community College, Beverly Title, Ph.d of Resolutionaries, Inc. and a sitting member of the State RJ Council, and Representative Pete Lee. Celebrating our Youth and local and national efforts responding to key issues affecting them and a chance to get informed, get inspired, and get involved!
Have you heard the jaw dropping news? Colorado’s Longmont Restorative Justice programs partnering the Police Department and Longmont Community Justice Project are showing profound statistics:
- A 10% Recidivism rate in youth and juvenile justice (that’s compared to a much higher national average of 65-75%!)
- A 96% satisfaction rate for all stakeholders (meaning both victims and offenders as well as community members)
- Processes that include police officers, stakeholders, and community in deciding how to right the harm done.
- Cost-savings that point to countless hours and time saved in court and law enforcement processes and a straightforward answer to the problems the current system faces.
Not only that, Colorado has just passed into law The Restorative Justice Pilot Project in four counties. What does that mean for you as a Coloradan?
- As D.A. Stanley Garnett says, “saved time, taxpayer money” and a concrete answer to some of the most stifling juvenile justice issues.
- That our state is responding to harsh zero tolerance policies (aka the “school to prison pipeline”) with tried-and-true programming showing astonishing results.
The Peace Alliance is engaging Colorado groups furthering advocacy and education surrounding RJ and other key peacebuilding issues. We are mobilizing and collaborating with excited individuals and organizations to empower a whole new movement that leverages our collective power.
Join us Nov. 2nd as we celebrate the passage of The Restorative Justice Pilot Project into law, power up around how to mobilize together, and hear from some of the state’s most respected and committed leaders, Rep. Pete Lee and Dr. Beverly Title. We’ll also get a sweeping report from TPA’s President Bob Baskin and Field Director Dan Kahn, plus engage in some q&a and sharing throughout the event.
- Celebrating the Youth Promise Act, The Restorative Pilot Project, and Youth and Professionals supporting Youth in the Peacebuilding Movement
- Taking action and receiving skills, practices and networking in RJ processes/setups in Schools and beyond
- Ways to promote advocacy and political will.
- Raise Funds for The Peace Alliance to support state grassroots advocacy networks and actions focal to State RJ efforts and beyond. Specifically to support the following:
- Local and National Action Teams and Networking
- Restorative Justice advocacy and mobilization efforts that are continuing in Colorado (Partnerships with organizations and individuals working towards changes in systems and legislation, direct action emails and virtual telecast forums for educating, connection, and inspiring action, and more) and beyond in MA, CA, FL and other states.
- Passage of the Youth Promise Act