Making Peace a Priority!
“How to be an Effective Advocate”
New Peace Alliance Training Call Series with Lynn McMullen
Next Call: Thursday, June 28th
Listen to audio from past calls:
|Prep for D.C. Advocacy Days
|Inaugural call, March 15th
|Congressional Office Visit Training, April 19th
- Do you long to make a difference in the world?
- Do you want to help bring forth a worldview that is restorative and preventative rather than punitive, one based on peacebuilding rather than war-making?
- Do you want to build-up your skills and confidence to effectively enroll support in a way that could actually help shift the world?
One of the most profound ways you can make a difference in the world is to effectively engage your elected officials and members of your community in a worldview where the work and practices of
peace become our organized norm.
We are starting these calls in preparation for:
DC Advocacy Days: This July 22-24, we will gather together in our nation’s capital to give peace a voice in Congress! Peacebuilding: The New American Agenda. Help us spread the message that violence is costly, but peace makes sen$e. Register to attend today!
- Making peace an election year priority.
- Having transformational conversations: How to have inspiring and enrolling connections for personal, social and political change.
- Building relationships with potential supporters and your elected officials that would actually be capable of shifting the world.
- Speaking a powerful message.
- Listening as a key to connection.
- Becoming an effective grassroots organizer.
- Working with elected officials: Grassroots lobbying 101.
Everything you learn in this training is transferable to many other areas in your life. Even if you can’t engage in our congressional lobby activities in the coming months, you will find useful tools and concepts to make a difference.
Sign-up now! You will be given a unique call-in number and pin (highly suggested). You can also use a generic number: (949) 202-1057, pin: 647285.
LYNN MCMULLEN BIO:
Lynn has been involved with the Peace Alliance since its inception. She served as National Campaign Manager from 2004 to 2007, and National Campaign Advisor from 2007 to 2008. She returned to full-time status as the Executive Director in October 2008 until May of 2010.
From 1987 to 2001, Lynn served at RESULTS, a U.S.-based citizens’ advocacy network, as the National Grassroots Manager, Development Director and ultimately Executive Director. She has organized and managed numerous successful lobbying and media campaigns to establish and increase funding for a variety of social service efforts, including Head Start early childhood education, food stamp programs, Child Survival foreign assistance, international AIDS prevention and treatment, and microfinance, both nationally and internationally.
Lynn is a founding Board Member of the Grameen Foundation Board of Directors, where she worked with Dr. Muhammad Yunus, recent Nobel Peace Prize winner.