Quick Reference for Members of Congress and their Staff
Thank you for seeking more information. We, at The Peace Alliance, are advocating for violence reduction and peacebuilding legislation listed on our Legislative Priorities Page. While all of those pieces of legislation are important, we are prioritizing six pieces of legislation that we would like you to co-sponsor as soon as possible.
- Assault Weapons Ban of 2023 (HR 698/S 25) + more gun-violence prevention bills
- Commission to Study & Develop Reparation Proposals for African American Act (HR 40/S 40)
- Department of Peacebuilding (“DoP”) Act of 2023 (HR 1111)
- Office of Gun Violence Prevention (HR 1699/S 951)
- Promoting Resolution of Tibet-China Conflict Act (HR 533/S 138)
- HR 12 / S 701- Women’s Health Protection Act of 2023 (HR 12/S 701)
We also have a wealth of information relating to the legislation which gave rise to the founding of the Peace Alliance, the DoP Act. As there is so much information on our DoP page, we have included key documents that most staffers find of interest here:
Learn about the DoP Act and Community Support:
- Dept. of Peacebuilding Bill
- Dept. of Peacebuilding Overview
- Key Highlights
- Link to Current Co-Sponsors of H.R. 1111
Local Government and Community Support:
Citizen Involvement and Expressions:
- 2022 Kosmos Article – An essay by two DoP Advocates, “A US Department of Peacebuilding? Blessed Community with a Cause”
- What Our Young People Say – Excerpts from letters from youth delivered to Members of Congress in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- 2022 DoP Grassroots Campaign Report – What we’ve been doing lately for peacebuilding
Endorse the Statement of Values that is the BluePrint for Peace:
Finally, we are asking that elected officials, candidates, governing bodies, organizations, businesses and individuals endorse and sign-on to the Peace Alliance’s “BluePrint for Peace” The BluePrint advocates for proactive, healing-focused approaches that positively impact individual and societal challenges related to conflict, violence, and underlying traumas.
Donate by Check
Some of our generous supporters prefer to mail checks to our office to donate to the work of The Peace Alliance. We are so grateful for all of your support.
If you prefer your donation be tax deductible and you want your donation to focus on the educational side of this work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance Educational Institute– the 501(c)(3) arm of The Peace Alliance. We will send you a letter for your taxes.
If you prefer your donation to be unrestricted in how it is applied, be it to educational programs, operational costs, or advocacy work and do not need it to be tax deductible, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance. Thank you!
PO Box 320651
Fairfield, CT 06825