Content and language warning
video produced by Eleven Films
- S. 591 (Background Check Completion Act), S. 529 (Background Check Expansion Act), and H.R. 5427 (Closing the Bump Stock Loophole Act). Take this action Now
- H.R. 2510/ S. 1108 (The Keep Americans Safe Act to prohibit the sale and transfer of high-capacity magazines.) Take this action Now
We are in a preventable crisis.
Let’s prevent it.
Tell your Senators and Representatives to act NOW to reduce and prevent gun violence.
Call… write… call again… write again…
- H.R. 1808/ S. 736 (The Assault Weapons Ban to ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.) Take this action Now
- Ask your member of Congress to cosponsor legislation to create a cabinet-level Department of Peacebuilding (H.R. 1111) which addresses gun violence prevention and related issues such as bullying, social emotional learning and anti-racism. Take this action Now
You Will Make a Difference
I know you’ve heard before that “we can’t do this without you”; in this case… IT’S TRUE! As we spring into April with exciting live calls with accomplished and inspiring forward thinkers like co-founder, author, and former Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson and the original lead sponsor for H.R. 1111 to establish a US Department of Peacebuilding, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, we want to invite you to partner with us.
The Peace Alliance is a home for anyone who:
- wants to expand peacebuilding skills within schools
- wants to increase voting participation going into the midterms
- wants to be a part of an alliance of peacebuilders dedicated to exploring and amplifying best practices that will shift the focus of this society to values we can all be proud of
Any donations are welcome, and a monthly commitment will be INCREDIBLE! Thank you for choosing to make The Peace Alliance your vehicle for making the world a better place for everyone!
Watch this bar GROW as
your community of peace builders
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
The Blueprint for Peace is a major initiative to make peace and nonviolence an essential and effective organizing principle in federal, state and local government policy.
Sign the petition today! Let your elected officials know you want them to support these policy priorities.
2022 Monthly DoP Actions
First you can…
Then you can…
Next you can…
Finally you can…
Schedule a virtual meeting with your member of congress. Email [email protected] to learn more.
The Peace Alliance has championed efforts to support the adoption of legislation to establish a cabinet-level US Department of Peacebuilding in our federal government.
Systemic racism is a significant driver of violence and a key obstacle to peace
in the United States.
– Department of Peacebuilding Act of 2021
THE DEPARTMENT OF PEACEBUILDING ACT OF 2021
(DoP 2021/ HR 1111) WAS INTRODUCED by Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13). This historic and transformative legislation calls for a cabinet-level Department of Peacebuilding to make peace a much-needed national and ongoing focus. It addresses the interconnection of all life and the intersectionality of peace, justice, equality, planetary survival and other aspects of life.
We are in the midst of the Season for Nonviolence (SNV) (1/30 – 4/4/21). What better way to commemorate the SNV than a Department of Peacebuilding? We know there are root causes of violence and root conditions of peace. We know that violence prevention saves lives and money and raises the quality of life for all.
DoP 2021 is about creating a nonviolent and Beloved Community.
To learn more about this legislation, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Updates & Actions
What is Peacebuilding?
Peacebuilding isn’t just the absence of conflict… it is a conscious action toward solving systemic issues that create that conflict.
Join Us to actively work toward building peace for everyone.
Donate by Check
Some of our generous supporters prefer to mail checks to our office to donate to the work of The Peace Alliance. We are so grateful for all of your support.
If you prefer your donation be tax deductible and you want your donation to focus on the educational side of this work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance Educational Institute– the 501(c)(3) arm of The Peace Alliance. We will send you a letter for your taxes.
If you prefer your donation to be unrestricted in how it is applied, be it to educational programs, operational costs, or advocacy work, please make checks payable to The Peace Alliance. Thank you!
2108 Military Rd
Arlington, VA, 22207